Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wittig Quote

Megan Lee
9:00 Class
Life as a Story

I agree with Susan Wittig Albert’s quote in that our life is like our own story. As we grow and develop throughout life, our story also expands and matures. One way to tell and express our story is through writing. Writing allows people to reminisce about events, explore ideas, understand life, and respond to every thing they have encountered. Depending on what we have to write about and the assignment at hand, different aspects or “versions of ourselves” are created to accompany the task. For example, I focused on putting more description, imagery, and similes into the assignment because the objective was to do so. I wrote about my life, trying to tell and illustrate a story. The memories and experiences are like the chapters in my life. Most of my writing reflects my life and does reflect my beliefs. My writing is straightforward and clear-cut implying that I am pretty much a simple minded and a straightforward person. I usually tell the story as it is, but I do try and show more in my writing now. My writings are generally about important things that I feel are close to my life like my family, friends, and also shows my interests and hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment